Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Well Hello There Again

I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like people keep popping back up in my life these days. Well sort of. Yesterday as I was strolling through the mall waiting for my roommate I walked past ALDO and recognized a familiar face and it just so happened this face was looking at me at the same time and recognized me too. It was TheMetalHead. I waved hello and he smiled and waved me over. We gave each other a quick hug and I remembered how cute he is. We chatted and did a quick catch up. He told me if I ever need a reference (for work) or anything else to give him a call. I took his new number and went on my way.

It was funny to see him dressed up in a nice sweater and slacks when I'd only ever seen him in jeans and a tee baring all his tattoos. For a minute I thought he had gotten remarried, but then realized the band he was wearing was on the opposite hand. Almost a year after he disappeared, he reappears. I have to wonder why this happened. Eh, who knows. I went ahead and sent him a quick text later in the evening and as I expected I received no response. The only time I'll probably ever see or hear from him is when I'm over his way, which really isn't that often. It's probably for the better though. He's a nice guy. I wouldn't mind spending time with him, but he's got a lot going on his life. And while I know I can handle it, I'm not really sure I want to.

No comments: