Sunday, July 29, 2012

no change

I just finished week 4 of couch to 5k this morning. I can run/jog for 5 minutes straight. Amazeballs! I don't know if I've ever been able to do that. Now I know I can. It's a small accomplishment, but it's still kind of a big deal...for me at least.

It was hard to wake up this morning since I stayed up later than I intended to last night. I hit snooze twice and then told myself to get up, get up, get up. Once I start getting dressed and the cool air hits me outside I feel great. I love that I'm enjoying this and it doesn't seem like chore.

Weighed in this morning and no change. I'm okay with that. No happy, but okay. I didn't take any measurements though, I may have lost an inch or two. I could be gaining some muscle. I'm not gonna sit around a sulk because I didn't lose any poundage. There's still a lot more I could be doing. Just running isn't going to make the pounds just drop off. I didn't gain this weight overnight.

I need to work on what I'm eating. This is going to be a big challenge for me. I like to eat and I like to eat what I want. I rarely deny myself a sweet treat if there is one to be had. I mentioned before that I was going to start eating vegetarian more. It's still possible to eat poorly as a vegetarian though. So it's definitely about making the right choices.

I already drink plenty of water and I don't drink much soda. No real changes to make there. It's definitely the food choices. I need to eat better bigger breakfasts and smaller dinners. I think dinner is my down fall. I eat late and I tend to eat a lot. I think I will need to implement drinking a glass of water before I eat my dinner and then drinking more water after 8 when I start to feel hungry again. It feels like a lot, but I know I can do it.

Small steps.

1 comment:

Rima said...

mm inspired by this. i need to start doing that couch to 5k thingy. esp I REALLY LOVE EATING. as;dkfjasfdlj... i really need to hit the gym again... esp boyfriend is getting skinnier. shame on me.