Wednesday, August 8, 2012

HOLY BATMAN!!!

So...it's almost 4AM as I write this. I passed out at 8PM, guess I was more tired than I thought. Woke up at 2AM thinking dang it, I had some work I needed to do before going to bed tonight. I even wanted to possibly go out. Instead of just trying to go back to bed I got up and hopped on the computer to see what I missed. I don't bother to turn on the light though because I don't plan on doing any typing. Then...out of the corner of my eye I see something flying around and thought I'm tired, I must be seeing things, but I saw it again. So I turned on the light and...

IT WAS A BAT!!! A FREAKING BAT!!!

How the heck did a bat get into my apartment?!? What do I do? Who do I call? I sat in my chair for a bit trying to figure out what to do and then turned on all the lights. He was flying around in circles in my living room and kitchen and then into my bedroom. After he exited my bedroom, I went in there and shut the door the best I could (my door is kind weird and doesn't close all the way) and tweeted. Ha! Like someone on Twitter would know what to do at 2AM.

He flew back into my bedroom and did a couple of rounds so I opened the door up so he'd be more inclined to be in the living room and hid in the bathroom for a minute. He crawled across the floor in the kitchen for a bit and took flight in the living room again. I opened up the door hoping he'd fly out. I even tried to scoop him out into the hall with a box. Nope. I did hit him with the box a few times though. It made me feel bad.

He then headed back to my bedroom and settled on my fan, where I knocked him to the ground and trapped him under a box and then put a book on top of it. Just in case. I sat for a minute expecting him to turn into a vampire, but was sadly disappointed when he didn't. I wanted to get a picture too, but I didn't really think he would oblige at this point.

I pushed the box towards across the carpet towards door. I could hear him making his little sonar noises. It was kinda cool. I accidentally caught his wing/leg on the box a few times. Oops, he wasn't moving fast enough under there. I hope I didn't hurt him too bad. It was his fault though, I didn't invite him into my apartment. He was quick to make an exit when I lifted up the box out into the hall. I'm glad he didn't try to fly back into my apartment.

I later heard someone else find him and come running and screaming down the hall. Ha! Maybe I should've steered him towards the window.

So now I'm up blogging about it, because this was too crazy not to share and waiting for 6AM to roll around so I can go for my run, shower and then take a nap.

Quick addition: I think he's the bat I've seen hanging in the hall before. I think I'm going to name him Herbert, even though it could totally be a girl.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

omg we had a bat in college in our basement and we called it the 'bat cave' seriously freaky lol. i know your pain girl! just stopping by the link up to say hi and love your blog! cant wait to read more in the future dear!

Anonymous said...

OMG I would die if a bat was in my apartment! I'm a new follower so I just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm loving your blog!

Lesley Jean said...

lol! Herbert! You handled that well! We have bats that sleep on the outside of our house but I would've flipped of one was inside flying around!

Blue Dog Belle said...

Found you from the Link up :)

OMG. I don't even know what I would do if this happened to me. Once when I was in middle school my 16 week old westie puppy caught a bat and ate him. Since there is no way a normal/ healthy bat would have been low enough for him to catch in the middle of the day, poor puppy had to be quarantined for 6 months. So sad. but no rabies!

Alyx said...

OHMYGOSH, Are you serious?? Is this real? I mean, holy cow. Seriously. That is quite possibly the craziest thing I have ever heard!

And Herbert is a great name!

Anni S said...

Hi! I saw you on the link up! Great blog!

Hope you had a good day! Stop by grapefruitprincess.blogspot.com and say hi :)