Thursday, September 13, 2012

color me what?

RAD!!! Finally, the post you've all been waiting for. Okay, maybe not, but you can pretend can't you.


On Saturday I did my first 5K. As you can see it was a color run. AND it was a blast! Even though I did it by myself. I can't even imagine how much more fun it would've been had I had some friends along for the ride. Next year guys! Let's do it!

I'm not so sad to say that I didn't run the whole thing. I could have, but I didn't want to miss out on any of the colorful wonderfulness. When you got to the color stations the race pretty much came to a stand still as people waited to be pelted or sprayed with color by the Color Bomb Squad. At kilometer 3 (the pink station) I ran into someone I knew and she smashed color in my face. I had to find a clean spot on my shirt to clean off my glasses. I did see quite a few people who avoided the color stations altogether. I didn't understand, why would you do this run if you were going to run around the color stations? Oh well, their loss. More color for the rest of us.

After the run I hung out for a while to enjoy all the color fun and to see if I could snag another shirt or something. They had music blasting and were doing all sorts of fun stuff afterwards as people were still finishing. When I finally decided to go home I figured I probably wasn't going to be allowed on the bus with the trail of blue powder I was leaving behind. So I walked another two miles home. Thank goodness the race was close to where I live. I got a whole lot of strange looks on the way home. By the time I got home I was exhausted. It was pretty much shower, eat and pass out for the rest of the morning/afternoon.

It took a couple of days to get some of the blue powder scrubbed off my inner arms and out of my ears. It was kinda cool to have blue snot for a day. (Yeah, I'm weird like that.) The powdered didn't have any taste, but man did it dry out my lips. I kept my phone pretty well protected by keeping it in a plastic baggy. I still haven't decided what to do with my white shirt and my shoes...I don't want to throw them in the wash so I've got to figure something out.

Like I said, it was a blast. I definitely can't wait to do it again. If it comes to your town, you should definitely do it. You don't even have to run. Also, shout out to all the kids that were out and DIDN'T have mom or dad carry them AT ALL! We need to get the kids active.

pink at 3k


yay for awkward photos! look at keiko and stella all covered with color.


Also, YAY!!! I get to mark another item off my 101 in 1001 Death to the List, part Dos.

10 comments:

Yesi @ Plan With Yesii said...

I want to do the color run here in miami! I heard it was so much fun! I can now confirm that it is! Plus exercising! Thats awesome!!!

<3 Yesi @ For Miami And Love

Blue Dog Belle said...

I wanted to do the color run when it come to dc, but it completely sold out :( sadness. Maybe next year!

Steff said...

Looks so fun!!

Simply Evani said...

OMGGG your pics are a MILLION times cuter than mine. How in the world did you not end up leaving looking like the incredible hulk!? I'm jealous. Wish we could do the run together!

Chelsea Melrose said...

I wanted to try to work up to the Color Run for next year...it looks like fun. Congrats!

Rima said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaay.
this is all sorts of awesome. if it wasn't for the family drama, i was gonna do the color run in nov. but then, i had schedule issues too. poo...

glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

this looks AWESOME!

p.s. i just found your blog through the wonderful wednesday weekly link party and am totes following you now. :)

dash dot dotty

MorgHarpNich.com said...

epic pictures!
one day i will have the courage to do such a thing.


morgan
quitetheblog.com

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! The pics are great :)

Yen said...

I've been hearing about these color runs from everyone! I'll be adding this to my bucket list for sure!