Wednesday, September 26, 2012

*whack*

That's what fall did to me. It sidled up quietly next to me and smacked me on the back of the head to say, "HEY! I'm here!" Don't get me wrong, I love fall, but there wasn't much of a transition from warm to cool. At least not one that I noticed. For me it was one day I'm wearing shorts, a tee and flip flops and the next I'm bundled up in my hoodies, jeans and sneakers and sleeping under three blankets (that's another story though).

I think it was a bit too much for me and I'm feeling a little bummed out. I'm working through it though. I'm also stressed out about a few other things too. My hours at work were cut so drastically that I'm scrambling to make some extra money to make sure my rent is covered for October and it's not been going well. I know that everything will be okay, but I hate the panicked feeling when all the pieces aren't falling in to place in MY time.

In other news, not much has been going on around here. It's pretty much just work and hang out at home making stock for my etsy shop and working on finishing up an order for my aunt (I'm kind of a hermit sometimes). I have another business that I'm starting, but I still need to get all my ducks in a row and to secure some funds to make it happen. It's slow going, but it's going to happen.

Also if you didn't see my fall wish list post, I'm wishing for a plane ticket to California for a nice little vacation and scope out the place because I'm pretty sure I want to move back to the west coast. I added a little ticker to my side bar so we could all track my savings. I think $1500 should be enough for flight, housing and spending for a week. Now I need to play and win the lottery (also on my list). Hear that Universe, let's make that happen. mmmmmkay!

Lastly, while I have your attention stop by Simply Evani and wish her a happy birthday!

3 comments:

Simply Evani said...

You are seriously too sweet, thank you friend. I'm so happy we've become bloggy friends and I loooove the quote you gave me to post today.

Also, I know what you mean about wanting things to happen on your time table, nothing is more frustrating than waiting for time to pass or wishing time would slow down! I think saving for California is a GREAT idea and in the unlikely circumstance that we have a house by then, I will demand that you crash in it while you check out NorCal. :) And I've got a meal or two covered, don't you worry! :)

Unknown said...

I wish I was motivated enough to start saving for some trip...instead I look at the sorry state of my bank account and want to cry! Lol!

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa - you left such a lovely comment on my blog that I just had to stalk you. Super glad I did! btw, I'm the penis traffic lights lady. Love your blog name - very fun! Good luck saving for a trip to the California - I want to start saving to take the family over to the UK - but it's an absolute bloody fortune!!