Thursday, November 22, 2012

thankful and other business

photo via wallpaper pimper

This is my obligatory Thankgiving/thankful post. It's nice to be able to get back online and read blogs and write posts and work on other things. I'm happy to be finished working on Handmade Promenade items (though I have a few more things I want to make and drop off). I've got plenty of other things I have to start working on. I have a few more deadlines to work on. More about those later. Let's talk about what I'm thankful for...

  • another day. Waking up this morning.
  • a roof over my head. 
  • food to cook and eat today. I've got a lot of extra if anyone is hungry.
  • clothes on my back.
  • a job to go to tomorrow. 
  • that I didn't have to work today. I think it's crazy that stores are already open as I write this. Let people spend time with their families.
  • friends and family. The support they've given me. The smiles they put on my face. The hugs and all that sappy, mushy stuff.
  • my customers. You guys rock! If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have much of a business.
  • the friendships that have formed from my blog. The support y'alls give. The fact that you don't judge my craziness...or maybe you do, but you keep it to yourself.
  • my health.
  • and a bunch of other stuff that I can't think of right now, but am thankful for. 
Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's get on to other business. Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the Winter Gift Exchange hosted by me and Allie from A Day in a Joyful Life. Come join in on the fun. We changed things up a bit, so it's not your typical gift exchange/swap.


What else? Um...tomorrow is the biggest shopping day of the year...for big box stores or tonight for those that are being douches and open already. For us smaller businesses we've got Small Business Saturday on well...Saturday. So save some of that money you plan to spend tomorrow and support your favorite small businesses and your local businesses. As for me, I'll be having my last advertised sale of the year.

My etsy shop might be a little bare right now because I've been working on things for Handmade Promenade, but that doesn't mean I don't have anything to sell. I love to do custom work. Ask Rima from Bolu by Rima. She asked for a little bunny hat and the Bolu Bunny Hat was born. Let me make you a bear hat or if bears aren't your thing a dinosaur hat (if you need it child size, I can make them child size as well). Maybe the weather has actually cooled down where you live and you could use a soft and warm popcorn cowl. Or maybe you're looking for something else. Just let me know.

If you don't have an etsy account, that's okay. We can work out the details of a purchase via email (issa[.]ino[at]gmail) and I can invoice you via PayPal instead. Pssssst...*whispers* I just wanna take your money and make you something fun.
And lastly, before you go...as you gear up to shop online this weekend, make sure you check out Mr. Rebates so you can earn cash back on all those purchases. Over the past few years I've earned over $200 back on my purchases. Mr. Rebates also lists coupons available for your purchases. No I'm not being paid to include this in my post. This is a service I've been using since 2006. I love using it when I shop online. I placed an order via Modcloth this morning (they have a lot new stuff for 50% off) and I'll earn 10% cash back from my purchase!

I also like to use ebates to shop as well. I usually check both Mr. Rebates and ebates to see who has the better cash back percentage. Yeah. I'm one of those shoppers.

Mr. Rebates

reading - A Feast of Crows by George R.R. Martin
This post brought to you in part by:

1 comment:

Rima said...

awesome! thanks for the custom hat named after Bolu :) and the mr rebates and ebates!!! aww yeah.