Wednesday, December 26, 2012

BLIZZARD!!!

And not of the DQ variety, though I could go for one of those right about now. So if you follow me on Instagram (@chickenb00) it's clear that, we've gotten a ton of snow here today. Enough snow that they called me right before I got to work and said I didn't have to come in. Woo SNOW DAY! Here are some pictures.


First there was this at 830, I'd only been outside about 10 minutes. The visibility was nothing. Instead of hopping off the bus when the job called I just stayed on and rode it all the way around. It was safer that way. I was on the bus for about 2.5 hours. The bus was surprisingly on time. Usually the weather puts them behind schedule. I had to pee so bad when I got home. I almost didn't make it.


Then I got this lovely package in the mail from my cousin. Filipino baked goods from Goldilocks Bakery. Yum!!! I haven't had these in 6 years, the last time I was in California. I've only had one piece so far. I could've done some damage, but I'm going to ration it the best I can since I don't know when I'll get some more of these yummy good things.


And then I got tired of them talking about the weather on TV so I went outside and made a snow angel. I stayed outside for about 30 minutes. Playing outside in the snow by yourself is boring. I wish my friends lived closer so we could've had a snowball fight or something. We have a nice empty lot near my building that is perfect for snowmen and snowball fights.

Also, this is my 499th PUBLISHED post. (I've got plenty of drafts sitting around.) I kinda want to make sure my 500th is a good one and post it before the end of the year. I'm thinking it'll have a giveaway of some sort. Just not sure what yet. If anyone is interested in contributing something, let me know. I think I'm going to make some pizza wraps and do some cleaning and crafting. If it weren't getting dark, I'd go play in the snow some more.

(Okay, I was wrong, this is my 500th post. Not sure how that happened. Anywho...I'm still going to do a giveaway in my next post. How the heck did that slip past me. I was watching.)

reading - A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin
This post brought to you in part by:

4 comments:

Yen said...

Happy 500th post! How much snow did you guys get? YAY for Goldilocks. I've only been there once and I'm a sucker for Puto. So flufffy and delicious. I've never really ate their breads and things, but we have a filipino bakery almost a hour away. I just know it's across from a Jolibee haha. How was your Christmas??

Jen said...

Wow that's a lot of snow!!! Be safe and stay warm. :)

welldressedmaker said...

oh em geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! So much snow! We haven't gotten any here in IL, and I'm a bit jealous. But just a little :) Also, we have similar specs! I have those ones but in the light pink ones. I haven't had Goldilocks pastries in FOREVER. But from what I can remember, they were pretty yums!
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Anonymous said...

What's the plan for your 501st post??