Friday, March 1, 2013

march goals and a february recap



It's March, which means it's almost SPRING!!! Yay! I'm excited. I'm ready for sun and warm weather and growth and all things new. This means I need to start thinking about my spring wish list and go back and look back at my winter wish list to see what all I've accomplished thus far.


  • learn to knit - picked this back up pretty quickly. I just need to work on not making my stitches too tight. Knitting Help was a great help. It taught me a different method that I was much more comfortable with when I learned the first time around years and years ago. If you crochet, check out the continental method, you might be a little more comfortable with that method as opposed to the English method which is how most people learn. - 1
  • eat vegetarian all month - the longest I've ever gone without eating meat is two weeks and it wasn't too bad. Going a whole month wasn't that bad either. I only got caught up wanting meat when my neighbors would cook fried chicken or I'd smell some really good chicken strips. I've not had any cravings for beef. I didn't eat a lot of veggies like I thought I would. It was mostly tortillas and cheese or just cheese with my daily clementine. I plan to go meatless more often. It's good for me and it's good for the environment. Oh and people thought I was crazy to go meatless. I don't call it crazy, I call it strength and will power. - 1
  • file taxes - I wish I'd done my taxes sooner in the month so that I'd have my refund by now, but patience is a good thing. I'm surprised at how much my refund is this year. I'm totally okay with it though. $100 extra just for filing my taxes on time last year. I'll take that, thanks! - 1
  • make 100 Valentine cards - I don't want to make another Valentine card for at least another year. Ha! By the end my brain was fried and I'd lost all creativity. I'll be making cards again soon for Mother's Day. Thankfully I'll have a little more freedom with color choices. I didn't meet my goal to sell all 100 cards, but I sold a lot of them and I'm okay with that. That just means I'll have a good stash ready to sell next year. - 1
  • enjoy a gourmet burger w/ friends - I met up with a vegetarian friend and we went to Bru Burger to chow down on veggie burgers made of garbanzo beans and mushrooms. DELICIOUS! I'm glad he told me about their burgers. I plan to go back and have another, maybe in Summer. I'm saving up the rest of my good eats for California in April. - 1
*gets down and boogies* You see that... 5 out of mother fucking 5 goals complete. I love seeing that I went 100% and during the shortest month of the year. Less days to get the same amount of shit done. I'm a beast. Okay, I'll stop. Let's talk about these March goals now.


Let's talk about a couple of these goals. You would think that if you ate vegetarian for a whole month that you'd probably end up eating a lot of veggies. Not true. I barely ate any. I ate a lot of cheese though. I thought it would be a good idea to work on eating more veggies (don't be surprised if you see this as one of my LGP goals, I mean...it fits. double duty).

A friend of mine was at Disneyland and I'd tweeted that when I go in April the plan was to buy a pair of R2D2 Mickey ears. He just happened see my tweet and walked back into the store and bought them for me. They are all mine free of charge, but...I have to get to picking up my camera again and get back into photography. No problem. I'd actually planned on it anyway and photo a day I think is a good way to do that.

What are your goals this month? Grab the button below, leave your link and share with us, because sharing is caring.


Grab button for insert sarcastic remark here





reading - Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction by Jack Canfield and D.D. Watkins
This post brought to you in part by:

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I have but one goal for the month of March... to no be a lazy mofo.

Will it work?! Who knows. I hope so! I might steal your 5 book goal.. my "to read" pile is overflowing :(

teapotsandtrinkets.blogspot.com