Sunday, September 1, 2013

september goals and an august recap



School has started or is starting and we're not to far from the end of the year. Can you believe it? My trip to California was months ago already, but it feels like it was yesterday. I kinda wish I was back in school. I just don't want to do homework or papers. I just want to learn some stuff.


  • purge, clean, organize - I cleaned out my closet of clothing and shoes and listed those things on free cycle. it was like a weight lifted off my back. funny thing is I feel like I could get rid of more clothing and will probably get rid of more clothing. I also got rid of a few blankets by donating them to Rima from Bolu by Rima. She will be taking them to a animal shelter in Bali. I'm still working on the craft area and living room. My dad has been sending me some of my things from Germany so I get rid of stuff and then add back to it. One day all the stuff I don't use/need will be gone. There's still more work to do. - 0.25
  • get 100 quilts, 100 kids funded - funding is going slow. at this point we're at $300 of $5500 with only a week or so more to go. I'm not sure what else I could've been doing to help get this project funded. I also hate to say that I thought I would've gotten more support, even if it was simply sharing or RTing my tweets and facebook updates. - 0.5 
  • take more walks - I haven't gotten to go on as many walks as I would like, but I've been on a few. I've enjoyed walking the Monon with friends. It's nice scenery and good exercise. Hopefully I can get more walks in as the weather cools down. it's no fun walking when it's so hot out. Is it fall yet?. -1
I thought with less goals, I'd get more done. Not so much with 1.75/3. I'll live. I blame the hot weather. It's too hot inside my apartment to even want to do anything but sit in front of the fan and play Candy Crush. Ha! Fall is on it's way and I'm super ready...so let's talk about September.


My 100 Quilts, 100 Kids campaign ends this month, hopefully there will be a short burst of donations. If you know anyone willing to support a good cause, please send them my way.

Back to the task at hand, I heard that in order to burn more calories you have to build the bigger muscles in your body. I've been slacking on my muscle training. Not anymore. Maybe I'll even step out of my comfort zone and do some bar work by myself.

I also want to save up for trips next year and hopefully move into a new apartment by the time my new lease is up. I know I spend a lot of money on little things I don't need. It's time to find out how much of my money is being "wasted". I'm not sure I want to know how much it is, this could be scary and hopefully eye-opening.


What are your goals this month? Grab the button below, leave your link in the comments section. Let's get some stuff done.


Grab button for insert sarcastic remark here





reading - Museum of Hoaxes by Alex Boese
This post brought to you in part by:

3 comments:

Jen said...

I can't believe how fast this year has gone by!

Caitlyn said...

Hey Melissa! Good luck with your goals for the month!

I also wrote out some goals for myself.

Enigmatic Ambiance

Unknown said...

Great goals! Usually I have life goals that I work through, but most times I fail at completing them because time passes me by - Im more focused now on weightloss goals, I figure if i have them written out I'd bemore motivated to improve my health.

September Goals =]