Sunday, October 13, 2013

life is what you make it

Whenever I run into people that I haven't seen in awhile, they always ask what I've been up to. My response is usually, oh just the usual...hiding out at home.

And for the most part...it's true. I'm a homebody. I only go out when I really want to. I don't let what other people are doing make me feel like I should be doing what they're doing. I don't feel the need to be out every Friday and Saturday. Those tweets that people tweet saying if you're not here doing XYZ you're losing. Nope...not me. Not losing. I'm winning because I'm doing what I want to do.

I don't spend all my time at home. I go to work, go to the gym, run errands and every other Friday I have a date with Telissa and we eat good food and have a good time and every once in awhile I go for a walk along the Monon Trail with friends. Sometimes I even make plans to leave town and head north to Chicago.


I have friends doing exciting things like traveling the world, making life changes and other awesome stuff and while I'd like to be doing some of those things too, I'm content where I am for now. I don't always do things that are blog worthy, but that's okay. I'll eventually do something fun and exciting that's worth sharing...like going ninja on this fly that keeps buzzing past my ear with some chopsticks.

In unrelated, but somewhat related blogging...one of my fall wishes is to meet Ellen Degeneres. I think this is a totally doable wish and goal. She just needs to know that I exist. Even though 100 Quilts, 100 Kids  is a personal project that I'm doing because I think there is a need for it and because I think it has the ability to change a lot of lives in a positive way. I've written to her once already. I plan to write to her again and I'm also thinking about sending her a Bad Paid for Photo.

If you'd like to help make my fall wish come true and help me meet Ellen and think my 100 Quilts, 100 Kids project is something you can get behind and support feel free to write a letter to Ellen on my behalf.

reading - Electrified Sheep by Alex Boese
This post brought to you in part by:
 

2 comments:

Jen said...

Can you go ninja on the two flies in my house please?!?!!? I'm about to lose it.

Simply Evani said...

I love the contentedness in this blog post because it's something that I've been struggling with. I think sometimes I hide out from the blog world because I see such exciting things happening for other people and feel unhappy that the same isn't happening for me in that particular area (even though LOTS of exciting things are happening round here). It's refreshing to read that you are content with where you are, I need to embody more of that.