Friday, July 8, 2005

Why Living Alone Isn't All It's Cracked Up to Be

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy living alone.  I've had some horrendous roommates and feels sometimes living alone is the way to go...but sometimes it's nice to have someone else around.  Why you ask?  Because of the following reasons:

...there's someone to blame when the toilet paper roll hasn't been changed,

...it's easier to cook for two people than it is one,

...rent is cheaper, as are the other household bills,

...who else is going to take out the trash,

...you've got someone to talk to that talks back (I don't mind talking to myself or the TV, but I don't think it's good for my mental health),

...it's now someone else's responsibility to remember to lock the front door at night,

...when you have company you can blame the mess on someone else,

...you can deny having ate the entire package of [oreos, ice cream, chips, etc.],

And a whole lot of other stuff that I had thought about earlier but now can't remember.  Work is really killing my brain.  I swear sometimes I come home dumber than when I leave in the morning.  I just have to remember, it's only a few more days.

No comments: