Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Online Rendevous

match.com, eharmoney.com, perfectmatch.com and so on and so on...
A friend asked me the other day why I chose to meet people [men] online rather than going out and meeting people at a bar/club/other place where single people gather and I really couldn't say why. After much thought, I've figured it out.

Pre-screening...and I'm not as nice/approachable/friendly when I'm out.

I can search through profiles and pictures and decide who I want to chat with. I can choose specific criteria and up pops a list of suitable matches. I can meet people from all over the world. No one ever said Mr. Right or my next best friend (Clark, don't worry no one will EVER replace you, but I have to say, you're slacking) was going to be living in the same city as I. Meeting online broadens my school of fishies to choose from. And I think one of the most important aspects...I've got more courage to "approach" someone online. Yep, I'm shy in person, very shy. Who would've thought.

I don't think I've ever approached someone in person. I see a good looking guy, I might smile, but that's about it. I'm a chicken. In person if I don't want to talk to someone I don't know how to be nice about it. A man grabs my arm, I pull away quickly and he gets the evil eye. A man gets close and tries to whisper in my ear, I pretend he's not there and look for a friend and make a quick get away. It probably makes me look stuck up, but yeah, I don't wanna talk to you, I didn't mean to make eye contact with you, please don't come over here.

So there MS, those are my reasons for meeting someone online. Is that cool with you?

I've already met a couple of guys that seem pretty cool. Even had one ask if he could take me home to meet his mother, I believe he was joking. At least I hope so.

No comments: