Saturday, December 4, 2010

Lose 10lbs in 10 days!!!

Okay, no not really what this post is about. I FINALLY starting moving more. Earlier this week when I went to put on some jeans and they were snug I got a bit frustrated and instead of not doing anything I decided I was going to start getting my butt up in the morning and walking. My start date was December 1st. True to my nature, that didn't happen and I went back to sleep. The next morning though I got up and was dressed before my alarm went off and got too it.

I think I walk slow though. I measured my walk on Map My Run and it's 1.56 miles and it takes me about 35 - 36 minutes to walk that. It'd take me over an hour to do a 5K. I need to speed it up. The only thing I don't like about my route is that it's a busy main road and there is a lot of exhaust from the passing cars. *blech* But for now I'll deal with it.

I'm particularly proud of myself because it snowed last night/this morning and was still snowing when I got up. And I still went for a walk. I decided that Sundays and Mondays would be my off days. And I decided that I wasn't going to let the snow bother me. Of course this was the first good snow so the sidewalks were still pretty nice, but they're going to start getting crappy and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that. I don't want to have to travel to go for my walk. I guess we'll see.

No comments: