Saturday, March 26, 2011

...i am yours...i am yours...

Sometimes my titles have nothing to do with the blog post. They're usually just random song lyrics. Probably a song I'm listening to at the time that I'm typing.

Today has been an awesome week. It has been an awesome week. I feel like I did a lot, but then didn't do anything at all.

I applied for a job at the Lego Store that's opening up in April on Saturday. I received a call from the company on Monday to schedule an interview on Tuesday. I was hired on the spot. I get to play with Legos. How awesome is that? I'm pretty excited. Some people have looked at my uh...yeah I guess that's cool and then others are like OMG that's awesome!!! I GET TO PLAY WITH LEGOS!!! And sell them too.

Wednesday Old Soul Entertainment held their annual J Dilla Tribute at the Jazz Kitchen...along with that Black Milk was in town for a performance as well. It was a good show. The energy was amazing. I carried around an orange the whole night. Ha! I know folks thought it was strange, but I had no pockets. I was fortunate enough to plant myself right at the front of the stage. There were a lot of handsome men at the show, which is normally the case at Hip Hop shows. I wasn't on the prowl though (I never really am), but the ladies in short dresses and stilettos were. I still don't get why ladies dress like that at Hip Hop shows.

Black Milk
I spent Thursday at the Indiana State Museum with my friend Tony Styxx. Then we grabbed a burger at Boogie Burger. I tried the Rise and Shine. Who knew a fried egg on a burger would taste so good? Messy, but good. I love a place where even though I don't frequent it every week, the staff knows me and I'm greeted by either my first name or occasionally my Twitter handle when I walk in the door. After gaining a few pounds from the burger deliciousness we went and smoked hookah at The Egyptian. So relaxing.

Since I think it's pretty clear that TheNemesis isn't interested in me the same way I'm interested in him, I'm letting that go. And I'm okay with that. I usually find myself attracted to gentlemen that are unavailable. I don't know how to change that, but I'm working on it. He's still pretty awesome and a great friend though.

I need to do something productive. I've been dragging my butt on creating new things. I have the ideas, I've just been lazy I guess. I'm not sure what it is. There seems to be a little bit of unhappiness hanging around. Dissatisfaction too. I need a schedule and studio space. I think that'd make working a lot easier. I should probably stop making excuses. Meh.

No comments: