I struggled with this week's list because it hasn't been too exciting, pretty much just working and hanging out at home getting ready for Sew Loco tomorrow. But here you go.
- statements/wishes coming to pass - be careful what you say or ask for because you just might get it. I posted on my other blog last about going on a spending freeze, but it'd be super awesome if I won some giveaways to feed my sewing habit. and I did. I won Rachel of la la List's giveaway for blog ad space and Shannon of luvinthemommyhood's giveaway for a fabric bundle. On top of that I won I giveaway for a Quilt Along I'm participating in. That's three in two weeks. This isn't the first time this has happened. I once mentioned I wanted to see some checks in my mailbox and not long after that did I end up with two unexpected checks from consignment shops that sell my wares. On that note...I want win some more giveaways and win the lottery. I better start playing.
- running/jogging for 5 minutes straight - training for this 5K has been great. I've been learning what I'm capable of. I don't think I've ever been able to run for that long. I'm enjoying this journey and can't wait for September to run this 5K. On Sunday I'm supposed to run 20 minutes straight. I'm a little nervous, but ready for the challenge.
- family and friends that are there for me - I realized Friday when I got paid that I was short on rent and that my bus pass was about to expire...not good. The icing on the cake though was when I went to take a shower and realized I'd ran out of shampoo. It was kinda funny, but not. I posted to facebook of my dilemma, but didn't want to just ask for money because I didn't want to have to worry about paying anyone back (work is about to get slow) so I offered up my crafty services. My aunt who lives in Texas purchased a cowl from me. Did you read that last part...she lives in Texas. Greatly appreciated. And then a friend (who coupons) offered off some shampoo from her stash. The rent is paid and I'll be picking up a new bus pass for work. Huge thanks to them for helping out.
- weekend of sewing - I had another weekend off and spent the majority of it sewing (thought I really should've been crocheting). I added four more rows to Lucy (pictured above). I wanted to keep sewing but needed to work on another project and eat, otherwise I probably would've gotten a few more rows added to the old girl.
- cold oatmeal jars - old fashioned oatmeal + cut up bananas + Nutella + Greek yogurt + milk in a jar over night. I think is my current favorite breakfast right now. The Nutella usually ends up in one huge lump in the middle even after some vigorous shaking, but it's still ALL good in my tummy. I try to add a fruit smoothie to this so I'm full and can make it to lunch time when I'm at work.
I'm linking up with From My Grey Desk's H54F (high five for Friday).