Wednesday, August 29, 2012

finished!!!


I DID IT!!! I finished couch to 5k like an hour ago. Woo!!! No one was waiting for me at the finish line though. *shrugs* I keep forgetting that my life isn't a movie...yet.

It feels good. I didn't run a whole 5k though. The couch to 5k program is more of a time/endurance trainer than it is distance, unless you can run a 10 minute mile. And to me, if you're not a runner, you're probably not running a 10 minute mile...yet. It does a good job of building you up to run for longer periods of time though. I really enjoyed doing this and may even attempt the 10k program. Look at me wanting to push myself further. Why couldn't I think of doing this a little earlier in life? Ha!

Color Me Rad is next Saturday and I think I'm ready. I've got another week to work on my speed. I'd like for the race to be my fastest time compared to what I've been running, but I want to make sure I'm still having fun too.

Next up I want to conquer/add stairs to my work out regime. We've got a monument in our downtown area that would be perfect to run up and down. I think after the race, that's what I'll tackle next. Alright, off to run these errands and get crafty...and do some laundry I suppose too.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on completing couch to 5k! I have it on my phone but only did the first day. Now that the weather will be getting cooler you may have inspired me to try again!

Anni S said...

Congrats!!! Giiiirl, you ROCK!! Great feeling, huh?

Smooches from Germany!
Anni

Melissa said...

Good job! That is quite an accomplishment!

Steff said...

Congrats! And I love doing stairs! It's a really good workout but takes a lot less time to see/feel results!

gabeflowers said...

Yay, congratulations!! Feels good to finish doesn't it?! I'm still working on finishing Couch to 10K, hopefully after the baby I can get her done!

Rachel @ lala Lists said...

Thanks for linking up with us for Wonderful Wednesdays!

Rachel

Simply Evani said...

Congratulations! Wish you lived nearby, I would've totally been at the end, cheering you on. I've been hitting the gym daily instead of doing the Couch to 5K but you got me wanting to do it really bad! Also, if the Color Me Rad is like the Color Run, I'd almost recommend you don't do it for time, it's literally one of those fun runs where you should stop and take a picture or two everytime you hit a color station! There are PLENTY of 5Ks to make a marathon out of, the Color Me Rad run should be for pure fun! Plus, the more people with you at the end, the better the ending is so don't beat everyone! :)

Evani

rooth said...

Congrats Melissa! I hate running but feel like I have to do it to get the right amount of cardio in. Have you ever tried Nike Training Club? It's an app and a good cross training style work out

Chelsea Melrose said...

Congrats! That is awesome! I plan on starting the couch to 5k program next week (after my stretch of five 12 hour shifts...ugh). Any encouraging words??

Chelsea

Alyx said...

CONGRATS!!! Throw yourself a party! :)

Rima said...

*applause* yaaaaaayyyyyy. i'm gonna download the app soon and check it out. I hope once the weather cools of a bit, I want to start. We have this trail called the Pacific Electric Trail and it's awesome. I did parts of it before. Excited!

Unknown said...

YAAAY CONGRATS! Well done, girl. That's some determination you've got!