Monday, November 5, 2012

how I'll spend my lottery winnings

First off, I want to thank everyone who made a purchase this weekend from my 3 day sale. I appreciate all of you that made a purchase and those of you who helped promote. I'm happy because I get to make you all pretty things AND I now have some extra funds to make MORE pretty things to sell to other people, which will lead to adding funds to my vacation fund. After all the bills are paid.

via

If you didn't already know I'm big on the power of positive thinking and putting out into the Universe your intentions and the things you want. That's part of the reason why I'm a list maker. It helps me organize the things I want and helps me ask for them. But it's more than just asking for them, you have to put forth the effort and work towards those things as well. Do I get everything I ask for? No, at least not at the time I ask. Some things take time and work.

I'm gonna win the lottery or a sweepstakes and some giveaways. The Universe and I had a talk, it's gonna happen. You can call me crazy if you want to, but you just wait and see. I even do my part. I buy scratch off tickets and the occasional Power Ball ticket. I don't drop tons of money on tickets though. I play responsibly. If I'm passing by the lottery ticket booth and I've got a few extra dollars on me I'll grab a couple.

Here's how I plan to spend my winnings.

$100 - $500
  • take out 1/4 of the winnings to spend on myself, I could use some new shoes
  • take out 1/2 to pay any bills I may have
  • put the last 1/4 into my savings account

$500 to $1000
  • put 1/4 of it into my savings account
  • pay off my one credit card
  • pay all the bills for the month (electric, internet, rent)
  • open a business account for plank & stella
$1000 to $5000
  • put 1/4 into my savings account
  • pay all the bills for the month (electric, internet, rent)
  • put a deposit on a new apartment
  • book my trip to California
  • open a business account for plank & stella
  • donate to a local cause
$5000 to $10,000
  • all of the above
  • make a large contribution to my Roth IRA, max it out if possible
  • buy a decent used car
  • start putting in serious work on plank & stella

$10,000 to $100,000
  • all of the above (buy a new car instead maybe)
  • pay my rent for an entire year and all associated bills
  • pay down/off my student loans
  • put money towards student loans my dad took out
  • max out my Roth IRA for the year
  • make other investments for my future
  • start planning move to California
  • possibly quit job or at least cut back hours
  • put in full time work on plank & stella
  • go on a nice vacation out of the country, take a friend
$100,000 <
  • all of the above
  • pay off student loans my dad took out for me
  • move to California
  • plan a trip around the world
  • make plank & stella my full time job
  • enjoy life
I'm not greedy, I don't need to win millions. It'd be nice though. I'd be happy to have just enough to take care of all of my current bills and student loans and to be able to move to California and start up plank & stella. California and plank & stella are the end dream I'm working towards. That and a cute and loving husband and some kidlets. But that's another story.

What would you do with your lottery winnings?

Also, check it out, my question is the first one in Johnee's video at the 40 second mark. And I'll be doing the  polish swap again. I had enjoyed it last time. I don't really wear polish often, but I like packages. LOL

lala Lists


reading - Sleepers by Lorenzo Carcaterra
This post brought to you in part by:

6 comments:

Rima said...

i've never bought a lottery ticket but now i want to, thanks to you. i told Rob and he was like, "uh sure. let's go".

let's start with scratch offs.

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

T and I have spent a lot of time talking about this. The first order of business is to get a thousand dollar bills and roll around in it. Most of the rest of our plans involve buying a modest home, helping our families get out of debt, making a large endowment to the private school we went to and adopting some babies. But first we're rolling in it!

Unknown said...

I love planning out how I would spend my winnings! It's such good fun. I, however, have never bought a ticket so I can't see me winning any time soon!

Rebecca said...

I've had my winnings "spent" for years; although sometimes they change. For example for a long time a trip to europe was involved; now I am more interested in renovating the master bathroom!

Of course, I never actually PLAY the lottery. I'm a statistician and know the odds all too well.

A.M said...

oh...this has been a much discussed topic between the hubby and I! (even though we don't play the lottery!) If we did win the mega mega millions, we would first buy a house, buy a small 6/8 unit apartment complex, so that we can rent them out and eventually the boys can manage and live in them. And besides education for the boys the rest would go into starting up some type of shelter/organization to help troubled youth and kids exiting the foster system.

Jo said...

wow you have planned it all out!