Tuesday, November 13, 2012

nom, nom, nom...let's eat - november edition

Thanksgiving is next week and my plan wasn't for this to be turkey day themed, but it kinda is. It bees like that sometimes. All that matters as that all the goods look good enough to eat. Now where are my stretchy pants?

I'd never had green bean casserole until I moved back to the US for college from Germany. And I thought it looked kind of gross. But I love green beans and gave it a try and now make it...occasionally. You thought I was gonna say all the time didn't you. Ha!
 
I made pumpkin cheesecake a couple of years ago, but it didn't look as good as this pumpkin cheesecake with salted caramel sauce. I might have to try this recipe this go around. Or maybe I'll go in a completely different direction. After all, it's just going to be me.

Vegan stuffing. This looks super good. I've made kale chips. I think that's the only vegan thing I've ever made. Well I mean, fruit salad, but I don't think of that as vegan.

This wild rice stuffing looks delicious as well. And I love rice. Wild or otherwise.

You'd think I'd include a yummy delicious looking turkey somewhere in the post, but no...but there is this post of an after turkey day sandwich WITH a moist maker. Anyone know what show that's from?
 
As for that cranberry stuff...I really really enjoy the stuff out of a can that is still shaped like a can. Yeah. I'm one of those. I love that stuff. Go ahead and judge me. I don't care. I like it. I don't do any special rolls or anything either. Maybe some King's Hawaiian rolls or crescent rolls. I might have to do something different this year.

reading - A Feast of Crows by George R.R. Martin
This post brought to you in part by:

3 comments:

Simply Evani said...

I NEVER thought in a million years I would love green bean casserole the way I do but oh GOD do I. I don't know why I don't make it other than for Thanksgiving but good gracious, I can eat a ton of that stuff!!!

Purrincup said...

Mmmm that food looks good. I never cooked a Thanksgiving meal, but one day I hope to. Gawd, I don't think I know what I'd be getting myself into. I do love turkey and pumpkin pie.

stoic and pariah said...

haha! I totally DID think you were gonna say you make it all the time. I was pleasantly surprised. I, too, lived overseas, and I didn't have green bean casserole 'til I moved back to the states, and it's an essential part of thanksgiving now. ALSO! turkey leftover sandwiches! use a croissant instead of bread, and put lettuce, cranberry sauce & cream cheese in it. SO GOOD!!!!! ah man. I can't wait. sigh!!!