Thursday, February 21, 2013

try, try again

"Forget failure, or any other outcome whatsoever. If you try something – to improve yourself, to eliminate debt, to lose weight, to make a relationship work, to make the world a better place, etc. – you have already achieved something brilliant regardless of the end result. Trying is always enough.

If things don’t work out the way you had hoped, hold your head up and be proud that you gave it your best shot. Then try again. Ultimately, each mistake teaches you something new about your goal and yourself. There is no failure except in never trying again. It is always the courage to continue that counts in the end."

via @marcandangel
There's really nothing I can add to that. All those things you're afraid to do because you're afraid to fail...do them! You're failure, if it happens...is a success. This is a pep talk for myself and for anyone who might need it. So much I want to do in life that I'm afraid to do. I'm taking small steps towards these goals though. It's not easy though, but then who said it would be.

In other news, I've got 3 of my 5 February goals complete. I'd like to go ahead and complete number 4 this weekend. I just need to find someone who wants to grab a burger (veggie) with me. This month I will have completed all 5. Woo! Eating vegetarian is going well. I don't miss meat, but do occasionally crave chicken fingers/sandwiches. Burgers? Not so much. I could probably start to cut red meat out of my diet, not that I eat it very often anyway.

Also, I'm slowly but surely planning my trip to Cali in April. I can't decide how long I want to spend in San Francisco. I think the my time will be better spent in the LA area. Disneyland, Little Tokyo, good eats and things like that. So right now I'm thinking 3 days in San Francisco and then the rest of the time in LA. I'm super excited to go to Disneyland. I'm 33 and I've never been. I'm also still trying to sell everything I can so that I have plenty of spending money. I'd also really like this Hello Kitty suitcase for my trip. It'd be so much fun. I plan to AT LEAST get this HK luggage tag.


Lastly, I'm really enjoying this Q&A a day 5 Year Journal that Rima from Bolu by Rima sent me for my birthday. This is the question from the other day. This is how I really feel. Everyone around me (including myself) is crazy, it's just about how well we mother fuckers hide that shit. I don't think I hide mine well. I'm told I'm crazy often enough. I'm okay with that.

reading - Bonk by  Mary Roach
This post brought to you in part by:

3 comments:

Setarra said...

LoL it's sooo true! Everyone IS crazy ... Even the "normal" people.

Kudos for getting shit done this month girl! I haven't really worked on any of my goals this month :/

Jen said...

Oh I am a Disneylandaholic!!!! :) It is my most favorite place in life. :) If ya need any pointers let me know.

Rima said...

hay hay haaaayyyyyy.... your trip to cali will be an awesome bday gift for meeeeee... since boyfriend won't be here for my birthday, you will be my date!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

you better be eating meat/chicken by then. har har har