Two more days until I'm headed to California to meet up with Rima, Evani, Gaby and a few other friends. I'm super excited and can't wait. The next two days will can not pass fast enough. Is it Wednesday yet?
- read 5 books - I think I'm slowly getting caught up with my goal to read 50 books this year. I've been reading a lot of teenage vampire fiction lately and really a lot of teen fiction in general. It's entertaining and easy to read. I normally don't approve of e-readers, but being able to read books on my phone has been super convenient. I don't know if I'll ever buy an e-reader because I really do like actual books. - 1
- photo a day with my DSLR - I would have liked to get out more and take pictures outside, but on days off I couldn't get myself motivated enough to leave the house even if just for a few minutes. I blame the weather. Snow in the spring...not cool. It's been good to pick up my camera again though. I've got some more work to do and I'm hoping I can back to it more. You can see all the pictures here. - 1
- make cheese - I waited until the LAST day to attempt this. I got the milk heated and added the lemon and nothing. Disappointed for sure. Then I thought, there's got to be a way to save it and ended up adding vinegar instead and instant curdles. Woo! Here is the original recipe I used. I cut it in half and used vinegar. - 1
- clean out kitchen - Another thing I waited until the last minute to do. Clearly I'm a procrastinator. I did start clearing things out here and there earlier in the month though. I slowly went through all the plastic containers that I tend to keep and chucked them. I have to put a limit on how many of those things it's okay to keep. Sometimes it's hard for me to throw away reusable things. I've got a stash of glass jars that need to go soon too. - 1
- eat veggies 2x a week - Thankfully Target had the bags of steamed broccoli on sale and those are super easy to throw in the microwave and eat right from the bag. Yeah, I'm that person that doesn't like to wash dishes if I don't have to. I definitely ate more veggies than I did in February, but not as much as I would have liked. I did eat a clementine just about everyday though. I think that counts for something. I think I'm going to start saving up for a juicer so I can start juicing. I think that would make things much easier. - 1
I've started selling off and throwing away things I don't use and need and it makes me feel a lot better. I've got a TON of scrapbooking supplies and other craft supplies that need to get going because I'm sure someone else can use since I'm not. I'll be working on adding a page here with all the things I'm selling or something like that. I know I can put them up on etsy, but I'd like to avoid all the fees if possible. Everybody wants a cut of my money.
My parents didn't teach me how to cook. Thank goodness for the internets and experimentation. I've learned how to make pancit and sinigang (only because of a mix) but I'd like to learn how to make more of the foods that I ate as a child. Adobo is pretty basic and should be easy and if I had a bigger kitchen I'd try to make lumpia, but I also don't like frying stuff. I'll have to start perusing the internets for some of the other stuff I used to eat.
What are your goals this month? Grab the button below, leave your link and share with us, because sharing is caring.