photo by rima of bolu by rima edits my own
I'm still waiting on my box of goodies to arrive in the mail, but I thought I'd go ahead and write up this post anyway. I'm going to do it in list formation.
Day 1 - Disneyland
- Rima and I hit the road to Disneyland hoping that the sun would come out and thankfully it did. It was still a bit chilly though. Gaby wasn't feeling well upon waking up so she decided to meet up with us later.
- The ticket lady wasn't very friendly, but I wasn't going to let her ruin my day. I was at Disneyland, the happiest place on earth for the first time ever...in life!!!
- First stop, the shop to search for mini Mickey Ears. No purchase, just wanted to make sure they had them and where.
- rides we rode - Star Tours, Indiana Jones Adventure, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Mad Tea Party, Pirates of the Caribbean, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Space Mountain and possibly Peter Pan's Flight. My brain is fuzzy on that one.
- food eaten - pineapple dole whip, corn dogs (while waiting in a ride line, other folks looked so jelly as we ate), churros and maybe something else. I don't recall.
- towards the end of the day we sat down near Cinderella's Castle to wait for Gaby to show up and take a break. Howard the Duck joined us. We basked in the sun while he chilled out in the shade. I swear he knew I was talking to him. Yes, I talk to random animals.
- We still had time before the parade so we went off to buy some goodies. I bought the mini ears I had to have and a Star Wars vinyl figure. It doesn't take much to make me happy.
- We were able to find an awesome spot for the parade right in the front. No one to block our view.
- After the parade we hit up the Downtown Disney store and I picked up a pin for my coworker. I contemplated a lanyard and pin for myself.
- Dinner was ramen at What's Up Men? Yum!
Day 2 - Disney California Adventure
- Our adventure started at Starbucks for breakfast. Basil and mozzarella panini and green juice. Yum!
- Ticket dude was super awesome and got me a discount on my ticket since we'd been there the day before.
- First stop, pick up a fast pass for World of Color and Radiator Springs Racers
- ride we rode and things we saw - Radiator Springs Racers, California Screamin (1, 2, 3, SCREAM!!! w/ the lovely voice of Neil Patrick Harris), Soarin' Over California, Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular, Games of the Boardwalk (I won a stuffed Dumbo...that I had to carry around ALL day), Googy's Sky School, Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Luigi's Flying Tires, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror. I wanted to ride Mickey's Fun Wheel, but no one wanted to ride with me.
- food eaten - soft serve, churros, lobster nachos, corn dogs. I'd seen someone else IG lobster nachos and they looked so good I HAD to have them. They did not disappoint.
- we ran around Cars Land and Gaby and Rima helped me collect ALL 5 of the Cars Land buttons by answering trivia questions about the park, though some folks were nice enough to just give them to us. we also ran around the park looking for someone with a first timer button. apparently those are super hard to come by.
- As we were waiting to ride the Radiator Springs Racers a little girl noticed my tattoos and showed her mom. She then proclaimed that when she got older she was going to get a tattoo too. Her mother made no comment. She kinda looked like she wanted to though.
- Gaby and I competed in a couple of board walk games against each other and both won a prize. Mine a stuff Dumbo and hers a small stuffed horse from Toy Story.
- Overhead while using the bathroom - child: but I can't go. mom: 1, 2, 3 POOP! 1, 2, 3 POOP! We ended up repeating this the rest of the day also changing out different words for poop. We even had a semi-deep discussion on whether or not the child would have to call their parent as an adult and have them recite those words to them when they couldn't go.
- We posed as hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil for the picture on the Tower of Terror. An awesome ride.
- Got to meet and take pictures with Minnie Mouse in her flight uniform and Donald. He had on no pants. Also saw Mater, Lightening McQueen and the Army Men from Toy Story.
- World of Color was an amazing show! I can see why it may cause some people to be emotional. When I go back in December I will definitely be seeing it again.
- It's hard to believe we spent about 12 hours in the park and I was surprisingly not that tired. I was red from the sun, but not really tired.
- Dinner was at Honda something or other. Sushi!
I think I enjoyed Disney's California Adventure more than Disneyland. It seemed like there were less kids around. The rides were more fun and well DCA World of Color. I can't wait to go back in October for my birthday. I haven't been a big fan of theme parks as I've gotten older, but Disney was pretty awesome. I think it may be my most favorite park ever.