Friday, May 24, 2013

frustrated - making a change

I don't think it's a secret that I'm frustrated with a few things in life lately...and I think that my apartment is a reflection of my frustration. It's an organized mess. A bunch of neat piles of clutter. EVERYWHERE! Papers I think I'll look at again. Crochet bear hats that need to be sent out for consignment. Piles of fabric waiting to be made into blankets. Half finished projects. Craft supplies I don't use anymore. Everything, everywhere. It's frustrating. It makes it hard for me to relax. It's hard for me to enjoy my space. (The only place where I don't have a bunch of stuff everywhere is my bedroom and occasionally hideout in there and then fall asleep.)

There's too much stuff. Too much unnecessary stuff.

So I'm making a change. I'm slowly but surely getting rid of all the stuff I don't currently use or need. I want to get back down to basics. It's not easy though, why are we so connected to our things? Honestly, I feel like it'd be easier if some kind of destruction hit my apartment and took it all away for me. Then it'd all just be gone and I could start over. I'm going to muddle through it and get it done slowly but surely. With every bag I dump it'll be another bit of weight lifted off my shoulders. One less thing I need to dust or manage or stress out about.

I'd like to sell what I can, especially the unused craft supplies (I actually want to start over with all my card making supplies and yarn.) Here are some photos of the living room. It really does stress me out sometimes to sit in this room. I have a hard time just trying to sit and watch TV. I always want to get up and fix something or work on a project or whatever. Sometimes it's easier to just take my phone into my bedroom and watch YouTube or sleep. I'm a little embarrassed that it's gotten this bad.





I hope to come back here sooner rather than later to post pictures of just about everything gone. Wish me luck.

reading - The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
This post brought to you in part by:

5 comments:

Jen said...

It's always nice to purge and get rid of stuff.

Anonymous said...

I can relate, craft stuff especially accumulates so quickly and seems to just take over! I'm feeling similarly lately and trying to assess what I really need and what I can get rid of for peace of mind. Good luck, I hope purging the unnecessary stuff makes you feel better!

Rima said...

OH EM GEE MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN WE BOTH ARE.

because my room has CRAP that I can get rid off.

Actually I did get rid of stuffs AND plenty were put in a storage room where Rob & I share. Even that, I forgot what I placed in the storage. I guess once it's gone from your sight, you don't have that "connection" with those items. weird.

but i do need to clean up!

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

The hardest part of tidying up is making the decision to start so you've at least crossed that hurdle! And if you can sell some of the things you dont need anymore the extra money is always a good incentive as well :) Good luck with it!

Simply Evani said...

Definitely feel you on this, my room is full of piles of crap that I can't get rid of. I think it's a great idea to simplify, I wish you the best of luck my friend!