Thursday, May 9, 2013

that's ONE good thing


I didn't have to pay my rent this month...and next month I only owe like $100.

I went to pay my rent on Tuesday and was joking around with the leasing manager and the maintenance guy about getting packages. They said they'd sold them. I asked for my cut and the leasing manager handed back my rent check and was like here, if you need it go ahead and take it.

I looked at him with shock and asked if that meant I'd be good on rent for May and he was like yeah. Let me pull up your account and I'll tell you how much credit you have. Low and behold I had a total credit of about $900. I have no idea how I ended up with that much credit but I have an idea of how it happened.

I still can't wrap my brain around not having to pay my rent this month and most of next month. It's an awesome feeling to have though. I'm going to use the extra money to pay off my credit card and buy a new desk chair. Responsible stuff. The rest will go into savings for vacation in October (though I am looking to upgrade my phone). We'll see.

What's one good thing for you this week?

reading - The Umbrella Academy - Apocalypse Suite by Gerard Way & Gabriel Ba
This post brought to you in part by:

2 comments:

Vintage Love & Photographs said...

No rent for a month? That sounds awesome.

Setarra said...

What!? That is awesome! You sure are on top of your game Melissa! Where are you planning to go in October?