Thursday, August 22, 2013

capsule wardrobe - getting dressed made easy

capsule wardrobe


About a week ago Shani Alike posted a picture of a capsule wardrobe and I laughed in my head because it was pretty similar to how I already dress (I didn't know there was a name for it). I do occasionally don a fun dress or something with a little more color, but for the most part...grey v-neck and shorts/pants. It's comfy and I know I look alright (it's also easy to dress up or dress down), especially since I'm in the middle of this losing weight thing.

Last night, I thought I'd cruise on over to polyvore and create my own capsule wardrobe. If I had the money I'd do a complete overhaul of my closet and add a few of the pieces from above. I'd also like to make a few dresses from a new pattern I recently bought. Maybe I'll just do it a little bit at a time. I like the idea of adding a few trendy pieces every season. I definitely need new jeans since just about every pair I own that fit has a hole in the thigh (damn cupcake thighs).

Also, if you wear white...do you have an issue with keeping it clean? I swear I put on a white shirt and in minutes I get something on it. I'm always replacing my white v-necks. It's one of the pieces in my wardrobe that I always buy on the cheap (no more than $10) because I know they won't last longer than a couple of months.

reading - Insurgent by Veronica Roth
This post brought to you in part by:

2 comments:

Jen said...

I want all of this haha!

Simply Evani said...

I love the pops of denim you have in here! I don't do white tees too often because I'm still working on my belly pudge but once I'm at a weight I'm comfortable with, I might jump on the tshirt train. I made a promise to myself not to buy clothes until I felt stable in my weight so I haven't really bought anything lately! It's a good way to save money actually....