Sunday, November 3, 2013

november december goals and an october update




Holidays are coming. This is the time of year where I'd prefer to hid out in my house away from all the crazies, but the bills have to get paid and in order to do that it requires me going to work. Bummer. I don't understand the holiday craziness. I'm gonna leave it at that before I get all ranty. Oy!



  • enjoy my birthday - The birthday was okay. I enjoyed dinner with a few friends, ran some errands and got the chair I wanted from Target. It wasn't on sale like it was at another Target, but I had enough in gift cards that I didn't pay that much for it. I was a little disappointed more people didn't come to have dinner with me and that I didn't get any cards in the mail this year or any phone calls. I did get plenty of facebook messages, tweets and what not though. Sometimes I like the more thoughtful things though. Too much technology. - 1
  • get caught up on mail - I only sent out a couple of the packages that I needed to send out. I still have thank you cards to send as well as a couple more packages. It's on my list for this month. - 1/2
  • create stock for the holiday season - I didn't get as much done as I wanted because I was a big procrastinator. The computer is such a huge distraction. The other day I told myself I could only check my email at certain times and I could only spend 15 on the computer after I accomplished other tasks. All of the internet is such a time suck. I have to manage my time better. -1/2
Slacker month. I totally could've had 100% this month had I been on it. I'd like to blame if on the cold weather, but that's a lame excuse. It's just me.


Still so much work to do this month and it only gets more and more busy as the holidays approach. My focus right now is to create stock for several shops and pop up shops. All the work will pay off come January when the money is flowing into my account. Woo! I've been working on pushing my etsy shop more, but with the recent changes to what they consider handmade (factory made is not handmade), I may start pushing my storenvy more.

I've collected quite a bit of fabric for my 100 Quilts project. I can't wait for January to come around so that I can get to work on quilts. I've got my eye on a huge bolt of batting so I can save some more money on this project and I'm also thinking about contacting a sewing machine company to see if they'll donate a sewing machine. I mean...it's worth a shot right?

I won't be posting in December since the goal will pretty much be the same. You'll have to come back in January to see how the season went. 

What are your goals this month? Grab the button below, leave your link in the comments section. Let's get some stuff done.


Grab button for insert sarcastic remark here




reading - Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry
This post brought to you in part by:
 

1 comment:

dee said...

I'm back at it! Here are my November goals: http://lovedeebee.blogspot.ca/2013/11/november-goals.html