Monday, December 9, 2013

$100 challenge - wrap up

This post is about a month late. I got busy crocheting hats, cowls and mittens for the pop up and consignment shops. I'm still not done crocheting, but I'm not as rushed to get things done at this point. Also, I need more yarn. I always need more yarn though.

Anywho...

For the most part I was able to stick to my budget of $25/week. I ended the 4 week/month long challenge at $104.42. I had a buffer of $10, just in case. I think I did pretty well.

I mostly ate produce (bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, potatoes, bananas) and added those things to tortillas, scrambled eggs, etc. I ate very little meat (I did buy a steak and it ended up being enough for two meals). I don't really eat a lot of meat anyway. Mostly when I eat out.

I did eat out more than I had planned on and didn't plan that into my budget. If I do this again I'll consider it, because it does make a difference.

I'd call this a success. I was able to eat well. While I was buying organic produce, I was still eating produce. People complain that it's expensive to eat healthy...it's not. It just takes a little extra time.

reading - Rogue by Lyn Miller-Lachmann
This post brought to you in part by:
 

No comments: