Thursday, January 23, 2014

crushed

My computer crashed this week...or well I downloaded Java to fix a Shockwave error and inadvertently download some other stupid piggy back thing and as I tried to remove it fucked up my computer and I don't have the reinstall disk that I need to fix the issue. I'm pretty sure I got rid of the disk awhile back.

My computer is a decade old. She runs just fine for the most part, which why I've not bought a new one yet. but if I can't get her fixed (since apparently MicroSoft doesn't support XP anymore) I guess I need to get a new one. I don't want to. I like my old faithful computer and it's not really in my budget.

Thankfully I'd been moving a lot of things over to my external hard drive so I didn't really lose anything important other than all my settings and the many web pages that I had favorited. Decisions, decision. Hopefully I hear back soon from the gentleman who fixed my computer last time and he can fix it quickly.

In other news, it's winter and a blustery below zero day. I'm off, but I have a package I need to drop off at FedEx and at the Post Office so I'm forced to leave the house today. Yay!!! There will be many layers. I figure this is just prep for my trip to Chicago next week. I've already decided I don't really plan to leave the hotel but to eat (and have just about every meal planned out). I'll just nap and relax the rest of the time away.

#prayforpurdue

reading - Handmade to Sell by Kelly Rand
This post brought to you in part by:
 

2 comments:

Bre said...

Man that sucks they dont offer support. Fingers crossed repair is easy and cheaper than a new computer. Windows8 suuuuuucks.

Jan said...

Oh I'm sorry about that :( Maybe you can find an affordable netbook at Target or Walmart? I've found pretty good deals there :)

--Jan