Thursday, March 13, 2014

cupcakes and conclusions - a list


  • I think I might have said this before, but I'm sure it's worth saying again. I'm trying to do too much. So much so that I'm overwhelmed and I'm barely doing any of it. It's a problem.
  • I was thinking it'd be awesome if I could take 6 months off and dedicate that time to making quilts for 100 Quilts, 100 Kids. I did some simple calculations and I'd need $5K plus the cost of quilting materials.
  • I'm gonna go buy a couple of lottery tickets. (My efforts to buy a lottery ticket keep getting thwarted by a) my memory and b) closed locations.)
  • Indianapolis doesn't have a fancy donut shop. I'm super craving a coconut creme donut from Firecakes in Chicago.
  • I'm also craving a cheeseburger and chocolate cake.
  • I'm baffled by this plane disappearing. I don't really talk about current events much here, but I hope they find some answers soon.
  • Yesterday I laid down without setting an alarm and ended up missing my Trade School Class. I felt like a dick for missing it.
  • Almost 3 weeks later and I still haven't finished unpacking my apartment. I haven't done my taxes yet either. Procrastinator.
  • Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Cupcakes with Nutella Buttercream Frosting!!! I gets down in the kitchen every once in awhile. I don't normally care for buttercream frosting, but this stuff is delicious. 
  • A friend asked me if I preferred baking over cooking. They're equal in my book. Cook, baking, quilting, crocheting. They're all creative things. They all make me happy. I'd rather be doing any of those things than going to work any day.
  • I REALLY need to make it a reality that those things are my life and not just something I do when I'm not working to pay the bills.
  • Received my first wedding invitation for the year.
  • I feel like everyone I know is in a relations, getting engaged, getting married or having a baby. And then there's me.
  • I want a kitten and a puppy and to live in a house.
  • Listing is easier than blogging these days. I remember when that's all I used to do was list. Then Twitter was created.
  • "Everything is AWESOME!"
  • Okay, I need to go make/eat some real food before I overdose on sugar and cupcakes.
reading - Reached by Ally Condie
This post brought to you in part by:

1 comment:

Simply Evani said...

Those cupcakes look incredible!!! Also, I am a huge proponent of people getting dogs now that I have one haha so if you really are interested, look into rescuing one from a shelter because they usually come with all their vaccinations are already spade or neutered. That cuts costs down a lot. :)