Sunday, August 3, 2014

good morning small person - a list





When I went to pay my rent Friday morning I also turned in my letter of intent to vacate. In two months I will be living in a new apartment. I'm looking forward to living in a new place. I have a lot of work to do. Find a place. Come up with the deposit and first months rent. Pack and move.

A new handmade shop is opening up in Bloomington, IN. My wallets and other things will be available for purchase there come the end of August. I've been working on making a bunch to send over and a bunch for my etsy shop.  My goal is to get all the ones in my etsy shop sold so that I can use part of the funds to help me move. You can use the code FREESHIP for free domestic shipping on ANYTHING in my shop, custom orders too. Spread the word.

The boss is back from vacation. A lot of us were concerned how things were going to go since we had some bad customer feedback while she was gone, but so far everything seems okay. *deep sigh of relief* School is back in session so it'll slow down at work. I'm in the process of looking for more work. I'd rather be crafting and selling all those goods, but until that picks up I have to find other sources of income.

I'll probably selling most of my furniture when I move. I want to start fresh and with a minimal aesthetic. I've already planned most of my purchases from IKEA. I'm looking forward to the change. I think being unhappy in this apartment really affects my productivity and how I feel in general. This change will be good I'm sure.

I won a 31 day bus pass. Always much needed. That's $30 I can put towards my apartment. I like winning things that are useful. I'm hoping to win some tickets to the State Fair. I didn't have any plans on going, but then everyone started talking about fair food and now I'd really like to go.

I came home the other day to find a phone number tucked in my door. I hope it wasn't really meant for me. It's already in the trash. Creepy. I don't know who it came from or who knows which apartment I live in. I really can't wait to move.

Friday morning I was walking into the leasing office to pay my rent and a gentleman walking out said, "Good morning small person." It caught me off guard. At 5'8" and 225 lbs I don't consider myself a small person. It made me chuckle.

Anyone watch Pretty Little Liars? I started watching it on a whim and became obsessed. I even paid my friend's Netflix bill so I could continue to watch. I finished season 4 and now I'm trying to find free places to watch season 5. No one I knew in HS dressed the way they do. I also can't believe that some of them are in their late 20's and are still pulling off looking like teens. But then again most people think I'm about 10 years younger than I am.

reading - Handmade to Sell by Kelly Rand
This post brought to you in part by:

2 comments:

Jen said...

What an exciting new adventure! We are moving in October and I am so anxious to get it over with.

Simply Evani said...

So happy you're finally moving friend! :) Also, totally watch PLL but I'm not current as of now. I need to figure out which season I'm in.. lol