Friday, September 12, 2014

Ssssshhh! I'm hunting apawments...


The apartment hunt continues. My lease ends in a little over two weeks and I've yet to find an apartment. At one point I did have a place and I was getting read to drop off a deposit and then a friend of mine said let's be roommates. Those plans have changed yet again and I'm back to hunting for a place by myself.

I've tried to get in touch with the place I was going to put a deposit on but for an office that is only open 4 days a week 4 hours a day (16 hours) no one is ever there when they are supposed to be. And when someone finally called me back, they had no idea what I was talking about, said they'd get back to me and haven't.

I've moved on from that place. Unfortunately most places are booked up and don't have anything available until late October. I'm pretty sure I can go month to month where I'm at now (not that I want to, it'll probably cost me a bit more per month). But if I have to I will.

One of the places not available until next month looks promising. It's new construction (not finished yet). I could be the first person to live in that apartment, use the shower and poop in the toilet. It's a block from the bus stop and it's close to downtown in a decent area. I sent in an application today and hopefully I hear back quickly.

In the mean time I've been procrastinating on packing...avoiding packing...doing a little packing and dreaming of all the things I'd like for my next apartment. I'd really like to start new, sell most of what I have in this apartment. Most of the furniture I have is from when I was in college (shelves and what not) and I don't even own a couch. Can you believe that?
I usually prefer neutral solids for furniture (dark grey, black, brown), but I'm drawn to how bright this couch/cover is and am thinking this would be kind of cool to have. The nice thing is it's just a cover and can be switched out for something plain.


I also like this cover too. This one is probably a better choice to start with. I could add some fun brightly colored pillows.

The quilter in me wants this rug for my sewing space. But it's more than I want to spend on a rug.


I'd get a couple of these for all my crafting supplies and photo albums. They make good room dividers too. I've always had my computer and sewing space in the living room. It'd be nice to have the space divided into a work space and a place to just sit an relax.


A rolling side table that I could use as a place to eat too. I like dual furniture. I'd probably use it as a foot rest as well and hide books and crochet projects inside.

Or I could actually get a kitchen table to eat at. There's a lot I want, but there are some things that will need to be taken care of first. Most important will be setting up my work space since I have Yelp's Bazaar in December and other holiday crafting.


The layout at the beginning and this layout above are the layouts available for the apartment I just applied for. The loft is nice...but I often get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and that's a LOOOONNNNG walk to the bathroom. I'd probably still take it though because it'd be nice to have all that space. And the laundry is in the bedroom. You wouldn't have to drag it all over the place to get it done, you just bring the bathroom and kitchen stuff upstairs and then you can throw it over into the living room when it's done. Ha!

Wish me luck. Pray for me. Or send positive vibes that I get that apartment and can get in ASAP.

reading - Two Serpents Rise by Max Gladstone
This post brought to you in part by:

1 comment:

Rima said...

girl, i hope you will hear from one soon!!!
i am sooo ready to like raid my closet, sell crap and get rid of things. i am a natural born hoarder!!!