Saturday, July 2, 2005

It's a Moo Point

"A moo point?"
"Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion.  It just doesn't matter.  It's moo."

Nothing special happened this week.  Just went to work, came home, ate dinner and went to bed only start it all over again the next day.  We did have extended hours at work this week though.  So I got a full 40 hours plus one.  And I'll also be working some overtime Saturday.  AND...I'll be going back for another project next week.  So I should be working a few more weeks.  Woo hoo.

What else?  I think this week was hit on Lewis week and I believe it was all while riding the bus.  Let's see, first there is one particular bus driver who seems to be especially nice to me.  When he comes out to the bus he says hello to everyone and then he looks at me and says and a special hello to you.  I also notice he's always looking up in his mirror at me.  I've taken to bringing a book or paper to read to avoid him.  Don't get me wrong, he seems like a nice guy, but uh...he was getting out of the Navy when I was only 2 years old.  Oh and the icing on the cake, today he asked about my tattoos and reached out to touch them.  Yeah, I didn't like that too much.  Actually today it seemed like everyone was wanting to touch me.  Now I know I've got that beautiful, soft, caramel skin, but come on, don't touch me.  Get out of my freakin' space.  Sheesh.

Tuesday another regular bus rider handed me a note.  Now this guy has tried to speak to me before and I try to basically keep it real short or just ignore him.  Please, it's 7AM and I'm going to work and having my me time, leave me alone.  So Tuesday morning he gets on the bus and hands me a piece of paper.  I'm reluctant to take it, but I do and put it down by my bag and ignore him the rest of the ride.  Well when I get off the bus I read it and it's a note, I see you on the bus and want to speak to you, do you have a boyfriend...blah blah blah.  I had to laugh.  Do I look like I'm in high school?  Do I appear to be interested in any type of conversation with you?  I ignore you all the time and you're still trying to find out who I am?  Wow.  Biggest turn off about this guy...nasty gold teeth.  What is up with that?  Those things are awful.  Why would you put those things on your teeth?  Wednesday he gets on the bus and I really want to laugh, but I don't.  I stare out the window and hope he'll get the idea that I don't want him to talk to me...but he doesn't.  He waves his hand in front of my face a few times and I don't respond.  I think he finally gets it and realizes I don't want to talk to him.  Let's hope next time he gets on the bus he won't try to communicate.  And today...he doesn't.  You think he got the point?  I hope so.

There were a few more incidents, but not very memorable.  Too bad none of them were guys I wouldn't actually mind talking to.  Why???  LOL.

Other than those events, nothing else really comes to mind.

On a side note...there are quite a few good looking men at work and I'm a little sad that this job is almost over because boy do I enjoy the scenery...and it's nice to know that all have at least Bachelor's degrees as that's what was required in order to apply for the job.  Mmmmm...mmm...mmm.

No comments: