Monday, August 15, 2005

Monday Update

Let's see, what's been up with me you ask? A whole lot of nothing, well at least to me that's what it feels like.
Last Thursday I went on my first "date", if that's what you want to call it. I don't feel comfortable calling it that and don't feel like that's what it was. I've got a whole other blog for that and if you're special enough and you email me I'll get you the link.

Friday, the day was filled with not a while lot. And then as I'm getting ready to go out I receive a call from my good friend B. He was trying to sneak up on me (like I was up to anything) but remembered that the gate at my apartment complex is normally closed at night. Score one for the apartment complex: No unwanted visitors...unless they piggy back in, which could mean a nice long wait at the gate. I'm nicer than I thought, I let him stop by and shower so he could go out with other friends, heck I had plans with other people anyway.

Just before I was getting ready to go I ran across the name of a guy I went to college with online and whom I had been thinking about. It's funny how that happens. I dropped him a quick line, but I'm doubtful that he'll get back to me.

Went out with my friend AB as it's her last weekend in town before she's off to grad school. We had a place we were set on going to All Stars, but ended up down town at Tiki Bob's instead. It was a pretty decent place to hang out, hot in the front room, nice and cool in the back. We walked outside for a bit and ran into a very good looking former coworker. Yum. Chatted with him for a bit and went back into TB's. They started repeating songs so we headed out again and went to Have a Nice Day Cafe. The music selection and crowd were much better. But only up until some guy grabbed my arm. I'm sorry, if you want to talk to me you approach me, you don't just grab my arm. Oh and my name ain't Mami, Lil' Mama or Shawty, so don't call me that. We were also harassed by a guy about dancing for a good 5 - 10 minutes and it was then that we decided it was time to go and headed back to TB's for a bit. We couldn't take any of the repeated songs so we decided it was time to head home. I was starving though so we stopped off at Popeye's for a bite to eat. Nothing like fried chicken and biscuits at 3:30 in the morning.

Saturday wasn't very exciting. I spent ALL day at AB's cutting fruit, seasoning meat and helping clean up the garage so that it'd be ready for the BBQ on Sunday. I think the only part of the day worth mentioning is when CB (AB's friend) burnt the rib tips that we had planned on eating. AB and I seasoned those bad boys up nice and could already taste them only to have our hearts broken because of a grilling error. We still had some ribs, but it just wasn't the same.

Sunday was AB's BBQ. It was good fun. We ate, we chatted, we sat around and watched TV. There was lots of food left over. (I didn't bring home a plate, but am hoping there's still some food left. LOL).

Today, I basically layed in bed all day and it was pretty blah. TheBestFriend called and I'm not happy with him. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I just don't like him right now. I suppose it's about time in the cycle of our friendship for me to be upset/mad/whatever with him. I don't think I want to talk to him for about a month or so. Maybe then I'll feel better.

No comments: