Friday, September 9, 2005

Sorry Try Again Later

Today I attempted to make Chocolate Chip Cookies w/ Walnuts from scratch, normally I go the box or break and bake route...but not this time. It's all Tara's fault really, she invited me over for cookies and then had another friend over who ate them all.

Last night I looked up an easy recipe and this afternoon I ventured out to the grocery store in 85 degree heat got all the needed ingredients and trekked back home. I cleaned up the kitchen and got to it. I followed the directions to a T, well not really because I added less chocolate chips and more walnuts (even though it was a recipe that asked for macadamian nuts, but nuts are nuts right?). Now while I was mixing everything in I noticed the batter was quite moist but didn't want to really mess with adding anything else since this was my first time making them from scratch. They bake and midway through I check on them and well they look flat and cakey. Very flat in fact pancake flat.

How disappointing, but I suppose since this is my first time they can't be perfect. I still ate a few and they taste pretty good, but cakey. I don't like cakey cookies. I like cookie cookies. At least now I have the proper ingredients for next time.

No comments: