Monday, July 24, 2006

It's Been a Long Time

The ex was in town this weekend...we haven't seen each other in almost 5 years.The Ex and I

We hung out Saturday and Sunday night. It was good to see and spend some time with him. I can't believe it's been so long since we last saw each other (unless you count photos on MySpace, yes I'm a slave to MySpace). We talked about who we still talked to from high school and what our mutual friends have been up to. We played a few rounds of "do you remember...?" (neither of us could remember our first kiss.) We reminisced about the time we spent together when we were engrossed in young teenage coupledom and our first time (yes, that first time, we were each others first). It was fun and we had a few good laughs.

He had said a few things that got me thinking, a place I really hadn't wanted to go as I put our relationship behind us a long time ago.

"...anything for you." -after I asked if he wanted to drive separately when we went out so he wouldn't have to drive all they back to my side of town at the end of the night.

Uttered before alcohol was added to mix so I of course can't blame it on the liquid spirits. Of course I'm such a skeptic that when a man, any man, makes statements such as these I have such a hard time believing them. And wanted to call bullshit several times throughout the night, but I didn't. I want to believe he ment all the things that he said, that he did make a mistake breaking up with me and what not.

Because see...he has a girlfriend right now and I'm thoroughly enjoying dating. But I wonder...if the opportunity to get back together should present itself in the future would we take it?

No comments: