Sunday, March 13, 2011

i'm a big kid at heart

I was let go from my job on Wednesday. I didn't do anything wrong, it just slowed down and I wasn't needed anymore. Kinda sucks. I spent most of my days dicking around on the computer. Seems most folks don't really care to pay you to do that. *shrugs*

My first day of unemployment and I slept in until almost noon. I couldn't even do that on the weekends. The next day of course I was up early again. At least I got one day of sleeping in.

I need to make this time of unemployment productive. There's lots to do and I'm a major procrastinator.

Now that the weather is warming up, I'm going to start walking/running again. Mine as well since I wake up so early.

This weekend has been pretty great. And the coming week is promising.

Saturday, Neighbor and I went to the mall so she could buy some sneakers that she had her eye on. Some how I ended up coming home with two pairs of sneakers myself, a finger puppet, nail polish and eyeliner. I spent less than $10. You can't beat that.

I've been buying a lot of old school toys lately. A kazoo, a kaleidoscope and now this finger puppet. I love toys. I'm a big kid at heart.

Today I had brunch with OldRoomie and Neighbor. Delicious and fun. After lunch we ventured over to Home Depot so Neighbor could find an air conditioner. It's still too early in the season for them, but I walked out with a piece of MDF and some paint. Art project coming soon to a theatre near you. We were making caulk and wood jokes. I think we might've made the sales associate a little uncomfortable. It was pretty damn funny though.

I told OldRoomie about TheNemisis. She said she could see how I light up about him. I totally do. I think he's the bee's knees and wish we talked more. I wonder what he thinks of me. I'm not the type to ask. *shrugs*

No comments: