Thursday, March 21, 2013

that's ONE good thing

In two short weeks I'll be off to the beautiful beaches of sunny California and I'm looking for a couple of guest bloggers. I'd love to have you on the blog. Shoot me an email if you'd like to write up a guest post!

Last week I decided to start posting about my ONE good thing for the week. You can read more about it here.

This week's one good thing...extra cash money for my vacation...and helping out a coworker. Something good for me and something good for him.

Monday after I clocked in at the job my coworker asked me if I was free to cover his shift on Wednesday (yesterday). He had a doctors appointment he forgot about. He asked me to COVER his shift as opposed to switching one of mine for his. Normally I'd have said no, but I like this coworker. He's been with me at this job for the past two years. Out of the 15 who started at the job with me, he is the only person left (except for the manager) so we've got that bond, so I said yes. No thinking about how it would affect the rest of my week. Just said yes.

Of course I got to thinking about it and realized that it would turn my four days straight into six days straight (not fun) but then I realized those hours would be on the check I'd receive while I'm on vacation. Woo! shortly after that my manager asked if I could come in an hour early the following day, due to scheduling issues with another coworker. A few more extra dollars to the pay check.

So in my mind, I'm kinda ugh, the aches and pains that come with working longer shifts, waking up earlier that I have been the last week or so and I'll be missing The Ellen Show (she's so awesome, it's always a bummer when I miss her show.) But that one good thing from all of it...extra money in my pocket for vacation that will lead to more good things.

That my one good thing, what's your one good thing this week?

Grab button for insert sarcastic remark here






reading - Mrs. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
This post brought to you in part by:

2 comments:

Diary of an Angry Pregnant Lady said...

I just ordered a little wallet from your Etsy site. It will be great for when I go to the gym! I'm excited to get it.

Also, I'm curious to hear how you like Mrs. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I read it a few months ago. It's an interesting read.

diaryofanangrypregnantlady.blogspot.com

Diary of an Angry Pregnant Lady said...

I just ordered a little wallet from your Etsy site. It will be great for when I go to the gym! I'm excited to get it.

Also, I'm curious to hear how you like Mrs. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I read it a few months ago. It's an interesting read.

diaryofanangrypregnantlady.blogspot.com