Tuesday, April 23, 2013

a simple text - an update

A few hours after writing this post, I received a text from ScruffyNerdy as I was trying to go to bed.

After telling him I was in a funk, ScruffyNerdy sent me a simple reply that said, "You miss the California sunshine." And then I started to cry. True, I did miss the California sunshine. I don't know what it was about his text though that let me know it was okay to let the flood gates burst, but it felt good to let the tears flow. I'm thankful for his text.

reading - Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
This post brought to you in part by:

3 comments:

Jen said...

:) So glad that you let the tears flow, it always feels good to let that out.

Simply Evani said...

A good cry is necessary sometimes <3. And although the California sun misses you, I have to tell you, it's not ALWAYS that fun here. Haha besides the good food and fun places we can only afford to hit up on the weekends (if that!), we do the normal daily boring grind in CA too... Your experience here was definitely vacay mode. But I can't wait for you to come back and do it all over again!

Rima said...

true with evani! we all have our normal grind no matter where we are...

but just move to Cali, girl. hahaha...

we'll have sushi dinner dates oh so oftenly!