Disclaimer: I was sent this package of items for free from Influenster. All opinions are my own.
I was surprised to find and email in my inbox that I was invited to receive another Vox Box. It had been awhile and I haven't really been active on the Influenster website. I was happy to get the email though because who doesn't mind trying out products for free? Here are my thoughts on them:
- Montagne Jeunesse Clay Spas (Mask)* - I like clay masks, but I don't like having to wash them off. This was different. It was a sheet mask infused with clay. Does that make sense? Super simple to use and no mess. Put in your face, relax for a few, take it off and rinse your face. No thick clay to rinse and rinse and no thick clay stuck in your hair. Or maybe I'm the only one who gets to close to my hairline?
- Goody Athletique - I have no review of this item. I didn't bother to test it out because I don't like headbands and I'd rather give this to someone who could/would use it.
- Sally Hansen New Triple Shine Nail Color - When I opened the box I was thrilled to see a bottle of limey bright yellow staring back at me. I like brights, but not like that. But it grew on me. To tone it down a bit I layered it under a splatter polish from Sephora and I only painted one nail. I needed two coats to get decent coverage and it was very shiny. No top coat needed. The one thing I'm not a fan of is the packaging. It has one of those double lids. A sleek fancy lid to look nice that covers the brush. That's just an extra piece for me to lose.
- Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo - Yen of Green House on Top of the Hill swears by this stuff, so I was excited to see it in my box. It did not disappoint. It had a nice smell and didn't leave your hair with that weird powdery hue.
- SOYJOY - I've had the SoyJoy bars before and they taste pretty good. The flavor I received this time was cherry and dark chocolate. I'm not really a fan of cherry flavored items so while it was good, I was slightly put off by the cherry. I do wish these were a little bit bigger. I could probably eat two or there and would still feel unsatisfied.
Have you tried out any of these products? What items would you include in a violet style product box?
*I didn't make it to Target this go around to check out how much these items are retailing for.
UPDATE: I started used the BB Cream from my last Vox Box and it's much better in the winter when my skin is more dry. I'm glad that I found a use for it.