Friday, August 31, 2012

august goals - update

Photobucket




  • eat vegetarian for two weeks - this was pretty easy peasy. the weeks were not consecutive though. the state fair was was in the middle there and I had to partake in some of the state fair goodness. next time I may go for three weeks or a whole month. I did eat some faux meat. some of it was good, some of it wasn't. I ate a better variety of meals this time than I did last time I decided to eat vegetarian.
  • try 2 - 3 vegan recipes - when you drink a lot of fruit smoothies, it's pretty easy to make them vegan, just take out the yogurt. I tried watermelon juice and today some kale chips. both delicious. I'll make them both again and again and again.
  • run a mile - *jumps up and down* woo!!! this happened shortly after the beginning of August. I had no idea I was capable of running a mile, but I am. I've already run more than two miles and I'm picking up speed too.
  • get a mani/pedi - does it count if I painted a single nail? no, probably not. this should've been easy to do, but I just didn't have the patience to sit down and do it. I'll have to save up and let someone else do it.
  • cut back on sweets - ha! yeah, no. I probably had about as much sweets as I normally do. I needed this goal to be more specific. cut out chocolate or cut out candy. Nutella is one of my weaknesses and I have it as part of my breakfast, so cutting back on sweets is hard. I'll be more specific next time.
I'm getting better. That's 3 out of 5 that I completed this month over last month's 2.75. Maybe next month we can complete 4, so check back tomorrow to see what my goal for September will be.

*click here for augusts original goal post

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I should make goals for each month and then see if I can accomplish them...yeah, I don't see that happening :-D

Rima said...

mmm i think i should starting doing this.
thanks MelMel