I just happened to look up above my desk at my metal board and started reading through all my sticky notes and realized that I completed yet another thing on my list of 12 things. Yay for progress.
I made a dress from my staple dress pattern. It was a lot easier to make than I thought it would be. I wore it on Saturday to hang out with a friend. My favorite parts are the pockets and the neck and arm facings that I did with a contrasting fabric just for fun. I've already ordered some more fabric to make my next staple dress. I can't wait. I want to make another 4 or 5 of them.
Garment sewing isn't too hard. I spent probably 6 hours on the computer over a couple of days looking at more patterns to try. A few more dresses and a couple of tops. The only things I'm missing are fabric and thread.
- read 75 books - 21 down 54 to go, more if you count short stories
- make at least 20 quilts - 2 quilts complete, a couple more in process and a bunch of tops waiting for batting.
- simplify my apartment (purge, sell trash) - started listing stuff to sell online in various places. it's not an easy feat.
create a vision board for 2014
- read 75 books
- make at least 20 quilts
- have my business prepared for the holidays
- friend friday
- stock my online shops and promote my business more
sew a dress from the staple dress pattern
- travel to somewhere I haven't traveled before
- get back under 200 lbs
- simplify my apartment (purge, sell, trash)
- apply to Yelp! Bazaar and the Indieana Handicraft Exchange (holiday edition)
- make at least 3 deposits into my Roth IRA
- complete my capsule wardrobe