Monday, May 19, 2014

12 things - sew a dress from the staple dress pattern


I just happened to look up above my desk at my metal board and started reading through all my sticky notes and realized that I completed yet another thing on my list of 12 things. Yay for progress.

I made a dress from my staple dress pattern. It was a lot easier to make than I thought it would be. I wore it on Saturday to hang out with a friend. My favorite parts are the pockets and the neck and arm facings that I did with a contrasting fabric just for fun. I've already ordered some more fabric to make my next staple dress. I can't wait. I want to make another 4 or 5 of them.

Garment sewing isn't too hard. I spent probably 6 hours on the computer over a couple of days looking at more patterns to try. A few more dresses and a couple of tops. The only things I'm missing are fabric and thread.


  • read 75 books - 21 down 54 to go, more if you count short stories
  • make at least 20 quilts - 2 quilts complete, a couple more in process and a bunch of tops waiting for batting.
  • simplify my apartment (purge, sell trash) - started listing stuff to sell online in various places. it's not an easy feat.
I can't believe we're already half way through May.
  1. create a vision board for 2014
  2. read 75 books
  3. make at least 20 quilts
  4. have my business prepared for the holidays
  5. friend friday
  6. stock my online shops and promote my business more
  7. sew a dress from the staple dress pattern
  8. travel to somewhere I haven't traveled before
  9. get back under 200 lbs
  10. simplify my apartment (purge, sell, trash)
  11. apply to Yelp! Bazaar and the Indieana Handicraft Exchange (holiday edition)
  12. make at least 3 deposits into my Roth IRA
  13. complete my capsule wardrobe
reading - Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
This post brought to you in part by:

No comments: